What is ATA Carnet?
ATA Carnet is a document used internationally to a qualified country. It abides with specified conditions and procedures to facilitate import and export.
Movement of goods shall be temporary with a guarantee from the Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MICCI). These documents will protect the duty involved. Carnet will also replace the use of customs forms.
How does it work?
Temporary imported goods shall be re-exported within 3 months. Extended periods are allowed with approvals from first entry-level customs office.
Should you fail to re-export, any duty or tax shall be paid to any customs office nearby. If the goods are to be sold, duty or tax shall be paid prior to any transaction performed.
ATA Carnet approval can be used by more than one country, of which is a member of ATA Carnet. If the country is not a member of ATA Carnet, the applicant may apply for Temporary Import.
- Goods cannot be sold or changed.
- The same items shall be re-exported to the country of origin before expiration.
- License / permit to be submitted for goods subject to Customs (Prohibition on import) 2008 / Customs (Prohibition on export) Order 2008
- The temporary timeframe of imported ATA Carnet is limited to 3 months from date of import
- Application must be submitted to the State Custom Director before the end of the original approval.
Multi-Trans can assist you with the application of ATA Carnet, provided your documents are complete and in order. Should you require more information, feel free to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain application procedure on your specific case.